The Promise of This Adventure
You will have an unforgettable experience where you learn to not die survive in the wilderness using modern tools, gain greater clarity and peace of mind in your life, and bond deeply with other men.
Clarity. Connection. Exploration.
Hey my name is Michael Cazayoux, and I created Soul Searching Adventures because it sounded like the funnest thing on the planet to me. My intention for you on this trip is that you get the following:
An unforgettable memory that you will tell your grandkids’ kids about because it was so damn fun and impactful and demonstrates how much of a manly man you are
Clarity on what’s holding you back from taking your life to the next level (whatever that is for you) and the next right step to take
The knowledge and confidence to go out into nature for days or weeks on your own and be completely self-sustaining
A deep sense of connection with yourself, nature, and the other badass men
A greater sense of inner peace
This adventure is for anyone who wants to…
Grow as a human being
These trips will help you find and connect with your deepest purpose. They will give you the space to figure out what’s holding you back and how to go to the next level.
Create deeper relationships
Men want to feel more deeply connected to other men in their lives. To have better friendships. These trips will teach you to create a deep connection in only a few days.
Be comfortable in the woods
Men crave having the ability to survive on their own. The ability to take care of themselves and those they love for when the shit hits the fan or just to have fun. These trips will teach you the fundamentals of surviving outdoors.
Be challenged physically, emotionally and spiritually. This is for you if you want to see what you are made of. These trips will stretch you in every direction.
Be more content
Be more content with where you are in life while giving yourself full permission to reach for the skies.
Go on an epic adventure
This is for you if want to explore, discover new parts of themselves and the world. This will be one of the coolest adventures of your life.
Why I’m doing this
MY very first soul searching adventure was in 2008. I was dealing with addiction and needed drug rehab and my parents chose a wilderness therapy program in Utah. Long story short here’s what happened:
- I think of our mind’s as a snow globe. When I started the program my snowglobe was all shaken up and filled with anxiety, depression, and a deep sense of shame. I was even starting to flirt regularly with the idea of killing myself.
- I spent 9 weeks living in a tent and hiking around the mountains of southern Utah with 15 other boys. I did lots of therapy, learned how to express my emotions around my peers, learned to set up 5 different forms of shelters using a tarp and some string, how to start a fire with a bow drill in under 30 seconds and most importantly I learned the greatest camping game ever: PELT.
- 9 weeks later I emerged… the same person but the snow in the globe had settled. I had clarity for the first time in my life. I had some peace of mind. And I knew a shit load more about being outdoors. My journey to recovery had just begun and so had my love of being completely immersed in nature.
Personal Growth stuff…
There will be many elements of surprise on this trip, but here’s what you can expect:
- I will give you some questions to ponder and either write about or share about
- I will give you written exercises
- We will have a lot of deep conversations that invite you to be vulnerable about diffferent topics
- You will have a lot of time to connect with your “inner-teacher” or “inner-guru” to find your own answers for your life
If you don’t already know how to use backpacking gear, you gon’ learn. Myself and a trained guide will show you all of the ins and outs of using backpacking gear and will give you the basics of surviving in the wilderness as long as you have modern camping gear. We will not be killing deer with our bare hands. That’s on Epic Soul Searching Adventure SuperMasterclass. Here are some other things we may cover:
- Orienteering and way-finding
- Water principles
- Leave no trace principles (protect the planet y’all)
- Setting up camp
- Cooking in the wilderness
- Climate stuff
- What to do in emergency situations